FOR ONCE, writing about Christmas months in advance may be justified. A Christmas market is being held in Dalston Square E8 3DD, pictured, in December and now is the time for would-be traders there to consider hiring a pitch.
Organiser City Showcase says it is a not-for-profit outfit so stall costs are “being kept to a minimum and include Hackney council charges, stall costs and event security”. [Get to the point: what’s the cost? – Ed.]
Stallholders can pay £65 plus 10% of the day’s takings or £350, for:
* stall with roof and a table
* table area: just over 2m x 1m
* roof area: about 2m x 2m
* stallholder promotional information on City Showcase sites
* link to your website and inclusion in publicity.
For a pitch only, you’ll pay £20 plus 15% of the day’s takings.
Will there be tat? City Showcase’s Nanette Rigg will be one member of a committee that will try to prevent it. Food stalls will be subject to Hackney council approval.
Hamish Scott 260913
* Dalston Christmas Market, Dalston Square E8 3DD, Sun 1 Dec 2013 11am-7pm. To apply as a trader, go to City Showcase. Applications before Fri 4 Oct 2013. Entertainers can also apply.
* Emboldened underscored words in most cases indicate a hyperlink, a reader service rare among websites. If a link does not work, it is probably because the site to which the URL refers has not been maintained.