CHRISTMAS DAY pub openings can be hard to find out about. Happily for you, Loving Dalston has for several years been compiling a list of Hackney-and-around Chrissie Day-opening pubs.
It is not comprehensive, because the info is not always easy to obtain.
A few pubs have dropped off the list since last year because sales have not justified the costs. But some pubs have found that food is the key.
Rayon Marshall, manager of the Old Ship Inn, told Loving Dalston: “We have 25 bookings for Christmas lunch, which makes opening worthwhile.”
The list below is liable to grow over the next few days.
* Jolly Butchers, 204 Stoke Newington High Street, Lon N16 7HU, noon-3pm;
* Kenton, 38 Kenton Road, Homerton E9 7AB, noon-3pm;
* Marksman, 254 Hackney Road, Bethnal Green E2 7SJ, 11-3pm;
* Narrowboat, 119 St Peter’s Street, Islington N1 8PZ, noon-2.30pm;
* Old Ship, 2 Sylvester Path, Mare St E8Q 1EN, and tiny entrance near Hackney Empire, noon-6pm;
* Palm Tree, 127 Grove Road E3 5BH, noon-2.30pm. Ideally approached on foot or bicycle via the Grand Union Canal towpath;
* Perseverance, 112 Pritchards Road (just below Broadway Market), Hackney E2 9AP, noon-2.30pm;
* Royal Sovereign, 64 Northwold Road, Clapton E5 8RL, noon-2pm;
* Wenlock Arms, 26 Wenlock Road, Hoxton N1 7TA, noon-3pm;
* Wetherspoon, 282-284 Mare St, Hackney E8 1HE, noon-4pm.
If you know of any not listed, email details to editor[at]lovingdalston.co.uk (to deter spambots, the correct symbol has not been shown.)
Hamish Scott 191213
* Emboldened underscored words in most cases indicate a hyperlink, a reader service rare among websites. If a link does not work, it is probably because the site to which the URL refers has not been maintained.