IF YOUR SKIN’S not white, your name sounds foreign or you look “different”, white English people will say you’re:
* a Londoner
* part of a “community”
* contributing to “our” culture
* Bame — black, Asian and other minority ethnic
* an “ethnic” — see above
* a migrant
* a person of colour
* British… sure, but where are you really from?
David Altheer 190818
* Photographs © DavidAltheer@gmail.com, and for sale for reproduction. Bigger format versions are usually available.
* Emboldened underscored words in most cases indicate a hyperlink, a reader service rare among websites. If a link does not work, it is probably because the site to which the URL refers has not been maintained. A link indicates neither approval nor disapproval by Loving Dalston.