GOT A GREAT BUSINESS IDEA or having trouble with your present project? If you need advice, a new help scheme looks like a good deal to help with your entrepreneurial ambitions. And it’s free.
Start, Scale, Grow is designed to give owners of start-ups and small businesses in northeast and other parts of London the knowledge, skills and confidence to scale and expand their businesses.
It uses expert advisers, practical tools and interactive learning to mentor. Six types of workshops are also on offer: experts cover financial planning, social media and other vital aspects of building a sustainable business.
* are “starting on your entrepreneurial adventure” and want to learn the key skills for success;
* own an established firm but want to know how to add growth and resilience;
* struggle with issues such as “How do I make my business stand out in a crowded market?” and “Why is it growing so slowly?”
If you attend one or more of the workshops, you may also be able to get three hours’ free individual mentoring.
* Whitechapel Enterprise Hub, 206 Whitechapel Road, Whitechapel E1 1AA (disabled access)
* 639 Enterprise Centre, 639 High Road, Tottenham N17 8AA (disabled access)
* Leather Market, Weston Street, Bermondsey SE1 3ER (no disabled access)
* Light Box, 111 Power Road, Chiswick W4 5PY (disabled access)
* Sussex (sic) Innovation Centre, 12 Addiscombe Road, Croydon CR0 0XT (disabled access).
As the BBC likes to say in the interests of fairness and balance, other business courses are available from other organisations.
Hamish Scott 081217
* To register for Start, Scale, Grow, email email@example.com or phone 08456 099 991.
* All pictures on this page © DavidAltheer [at] gmail.com, and all for sale for reproduction. Most photographs are available in bigger formats
* Emboldened underscored words in most cases indicate a hyperlink, a reader service rare among websites. If a link does not work, it is probably because the site to which the URL refers has not been maintained.